Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Countdown: 13 days

Every time I get here--into the final countdown--the the spiderweb of the world begins to shrink, condense. As the clock ticks, wandering thoughts twist inward and are transfixed by that immovable point, the day and hour and minute when the plane leaves the tarmac and the earth rushes away. Imagine a light particles caught in the gravity field of a black hole. I am the particle. The collapsed supernova is September First. And Lebanon is whatever lies on the other side.

Let's hope it's good.

If you're reading this--if you're a regular forager of our interlaced global circuitry--chances are you've got somewhere you're posting your own news, and if I'm not following it, tell me. I want all the feedback I can get on How We Do This. The blog is something of an experiment, a dabble into the new communicative technologies of the modern age. If newspapers go the way of the dodo, this may be the future of journalism. Tragedy? I'm wondering. The blog format lets you be all medias at once: news analysis, entertainment, journaling... its the great hybrid one-stop-shop. The trick will be luring in the shoppers.

Heh, I kid. This blog, like most blogs, is for all those people I constantly promise to stay in touch with, a promise too often defaulted on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers